Monday, April 1, 2013

BEDA #1 - I'm Crazy

Really though, I am. Here is a brief recap of what I already have going down in April:
I'm in a musical that rehearses 5-6 days a week for an average of 3 1/2 hours every day PLUS tech week which is the emotional equivalent to... I don't know, Mega PMS. Like if PMS had the powers of a comic book super hero, that's tech week.
April Session of Camp NaNoWriMo with a word goal of 50,000. Why? Why would I write a blog post every day if I'm already cranking out a daily 1,667? (Please refer to title for answer.)
And the cherry on top of the apocalyptic sundae of my life: school. (I don't even want to tell you how far behind I am in Algebra.)

But even with all that crazy, I still decided to do BEDA. And it's a very recent decision. One I just made less than 10 minutes ago, in fact. What happened in the last 10 minutes to compel me to take another step closer to the Cliffs of Insanity you ask? Why, it was my YouTube subscription box of all things. Of the last 26 videos uploaded in my subscription box (which is really more of a list, but I won't go too much into that right now) fifteen, that's right, fifteen have been from creators participating in VEDA. When I sat down in front of my computer today, I logged on to a stream of creative endeavors and I was overcome with jealousy. I wanted to be making things too. I know I have Camp NaNo going on, but it somehow didn't feel like enough. I saw people anxious and excited to be creating. They were eager and ready. How could I just ignore that?

Maybe my reasons for doing BEDA aren't very well thought out. Maybe this is the tip of iceberg of mental stability, but you know what? I'm really okay with being a little bit crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment