Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Error 404: Positivity Not Found

If you haven't seen Potter Puppet Pals, I can't fathom what you spend your time on because there's really nothing better than watching the felt likenesses of your favorite childhood characters discuss naughty words. But regardless of your gross upbringing, the reason I bring up the delightful PPP is because today, I am Harry Puppet in my favorite and most-watched episode of PPP: Wizard Angst. All day long I have been banging my fabric head against the edge of the proverbial Puppet Theater of my life, muttering the tell-tale "angst angst angst angst angst."

Again I must apologize for the uncanny resemblance this post bears to my last two. My "down-in-the-dumps" moods tend to stay with me for a couple days. There isn't really any immediate remedy to them.  I simply wake up one morning and feel like skipping down the streets with Jason Segel singing about our immaculate equipment for life's challenges. It's my guess (/desperate hope) that these inopportune mood swings are just crazy teenage-ery chemicals turning my brain to pure, undiluted crazy sauce and not my actual personality.

I'm looking at what I've written so far and I can't believe how little of it there is. It feels like I've been sitting in front this computer screen for hours. Any minute my eyeballs could pop out of my head and go off with their little hobo sacks slung over their shoulders in search of an owner who won't put them through such straining torture by never sleeping. So, you know, obviously not someone in school. I almost wish they would. Life without eyeballs wouldn't be a completely hopeless existence. I'd never feel insecure during my the days when my bangs insist of sticking together in weird clumps. I'd automatically become wiser and stronger in the eyes (haha) of my peers. Sure I wouldn't get sunsets or photography or reading. But I'd still have music and audiobooks and, I don't know... touching stuff. Plus I'd definitely get a couple of months off school if my eyeballs spontaneously disappeared.

It's moments like these when I'm thankful for my complete inability to make large decisions. If I could, I'd do something enormously stupid on a monthly basis just because I felt like it. I'd probably be sporting a terrible bob and purchasing a life-size replica of the Tardis.

Welp. I've got quadratic equation to graph. See you tomorrow. Hope your outlook on life is significantly brighter than mine tonight and that I haven't just completely depressed you.

Tonight's ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas Feature: Elf. Again, ABC Family? I see we've both given up on trying.
Christmas-tastic Thing of the Day: Today, my sister decorated the tree mural in our room with ornaments. (Pictured here)

No comments:

Post a Comment