Monday, December 3, 2012

I quote Hannah Montana in this one

Greetings, all-powerful readers. I know, I know this post is pretty late. Allow me to fall on my knees and beg for your forgiveness like the 3rd grader who didn't memorize her multiplication tables that I am. ("I was gonna! But Nick at Nite was playing a Hey, Arnold! marathon...")

I'm only writing this post now as an excuse to take a break from the paper I don't want to write. I also don't have a real idea about what I'm going to say in this one, (unless you would like me to write you a 1-2 page summary of C.S. Lewis's description of the land of Malacandra in his novel, Out of the Silent Planet,) so like my current state of mind, it might be a little... diffuse.

Today was a particularly draining day because I had to go to school.
Uh, yeah, Emily. You're a high school student. You go to school every day.
You're right, me talking in italics. I am a high school student. But there's one piece of information you're missing: I'm homeschooled.
Wait, but I thought you said you went to school today? 
I did. I'm very used to explaining my apparently bizarre method of education to those who have a difficult time understanding, so let me break this down for you. A homeschool co-op is school for homeschoolers. We meet twice a week, we take classes, we do homework, rinse, and repeat.

I really shouldn't be complaining though. My earliest class this year doesn't start until 10 A.M. and despite the two quizzes and test I had to take, the most stressful part of my day ended up being during Chemistry (which should really have a supporting character credit on this blog) when I blew up a balloon too big and it popped in my face. (There was a hilariously unfortunate typo in that sentence that I just caught during my proof read. I won't tell you what it was because I'm sure you can figure it out for yourself.)

I know I don't have a good reason to be, but I feel tired and crappy and just want to rewatch Titanic for the 37th time (I wish I was joking) this year. But I can't do that. Because of this paper. Even if I wanted to throw a hissy fit and blow it off, I couldn't because my brother and his friends are playing Halo 4 in my living room and I doubt they'd want to give up shooting aliens with guns just so I can cry over the pure, undiluted 2-day love of Jack and Rose.

This post is a mess. I know I promised you something better and not so brimming with teenage turmoil, but it wasn't in me today. Everything inside of me wants to delete this whole thing, but if there's one thing I learned during NaNoWriMo is that not everything you do is going to be perfect. So forgive me for my imperfections. (If Hannah Montana can do it, so can you.) Forgive me for my grammar mistakes and unjustified sour mood. Because everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days. Everybody knows what, what I'm talking about... everybody gets that way.

Tonight's ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas Feature: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Not that it does you any good seeing how it ended over an hour ago)
Christmas-tastic Thing of the Day: Christmas Spirit. Go give warmth to someone who needs it.



No comments:

Post a Comment