Sunday, December 23, 2012

You know, sweetie, I'm kind of tired. Can we just stay in?

Hello, Blog. I feel like we've reached the sweatpants point in our relationship. You know, that point where I stop wearing eyeliner and you stop going to the bathroom to release your particularly odorous gas, and our idea of a Sunday night is sitting on the couch, watching Once Upon a Time while eating Taco Bell. Anyway, today's post is going to be whatever the blog version of that is. A sort of mutual surrender, if you will. Not that I've been gussying myself up to sit in front of a computer and type every night. No, no. PJ pants and oversized T-shirts will more than suffice for an evening on the web.

Now, to further that relationship metaphor, I'm going to prattle on and on about my day, pretending that you're listening with utmost concern. You may, however, as the role of the beer-bellied boyfriend, feel free to guzzle an alcoholic beverage, attacking at your ear with your pinky finger, all the while nodding and encouraging me with a generically comforting "Uh, huh. That's nice, honey."

Ready? Let the feigned emotional interest begin!

Technically, my day started at the stroke of midnight, when I was halfway through an amazing book I had picked up hours before called Monument 14. It was described to me as The Breakfast Club during the apocalypse, which included two of my favorite things: teen angst, and total destruction of society. I stayed up until 4 AM to finish, whereupon I spent the next 10 minutes quietly crying over the ending while trying not to wake everyone in my house. My hushed sobs where to no avail, however, because my sister, whom I share a room with, woke up only to tell me shut my gab, that it was just a book, and that those people weren't real. I still cried myself to sleep--my mind muttering the mantra of fangirls across the nation, "They just don't understand, they just don't understand...."

I woke up the next (same) morning (afternoon) at 2, my hair defying all gravitational laws of physics, and shlepped downstairs to devour the leftover candy from last night's family gingerbread house decorating"party." The next 9 hours were spent on my living room couch, reading and chewing, and reading and licking, and reading and smacking. (With breaks in-between to check the internet, of course.)

And that was my day! Thanks for listening, hun. Can you turn up the TV and pass the nachos?

Tonight's ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas Feature: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Christmas-tastic Thing of the Day: Sorry, kid. Recession and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment