Thursday, December 20, 2012

Have a Holly, Jolly Apocalypse

All day long, I have been pushing myself to accomplish the simplest tasks.
Emily, get out of bed.
Emily, it doesn't count if you get out of your bed, and then walk downstairs to sleep on the couch.
Emily, put clothes on.
Emily, don't put your brother's clothes on.
Emily, eat breakfast.
Emily, a fudgesicle is not breakfast.
Emily, get out of the car.
Emily, don't be emotionless zombie, because the world is ending, so there's a high chance of a crazy person ACTUALLY mistaking you for the undead, and taking a weed whacker to your abdomen. 

I tell myself to do these things, because if I don't, I'm afraid that I'll forget, and end up writhing around on the floor all day in my pajamas, muttering "I don't wanna," to nobody but myself. During break, it's so easy to not accomplish anything. That's why I enjoy reading, because it's something that I do for entertainment, that also makes me feel a sense of snobbish accomplishment. ("Oh, you finished watching Doctor Who over break? That's nice. I read 10 novels." Nevermind that they were all sappy YA contemporaries. IT'S STILL LITERATURE, I SAY.) But days like this one, when it's too cold to even let your feet peek out of the blanket in fear of them being flash-frozen by the frigid air, make trying to hold a book a feat bone-chilling enough to be featured on Fear Factor.

All this to say: after my orthodontist appointment at 8:30 in the morning, I spent the rest of the day on my couch watching Scrubs. #JDANDTURK4LYFE #BestWayToSpendLastDayOnEarth #YeahIUseHashTagsOutsideOfTwitter

Tonight's ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas Feature: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (I love that I'm still posting these even though I haven't posted before 8 o'clock since like, the third day. Just letting you know what you missed, I suppose.)
Christmas-tastic Thing of the Day: 1 in every 6 Americans gets depressed during the winter. Wheeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment