Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday Tag (With Heavy Christmas Influences)

I'm not sure whether it's technically cheating to do a tag, but I have a Christmas Eve service to attend tonight, and I just woke up from a nap, so this is what you're getting.

1. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Please refer here.

2. Are you on the Naughty List or Nice List?
I'm on the morally duplicitous list. Now shut up and give me my presents... please?

3. Show us an embarrassing Christmas photo
Ugh, fine. Here's an embarrassing snapshot of me at a Christmas party.

4. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Probably, but I don't remember. I have a pretty unspectacular memory.

5. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At home, slack-jawed in front of my TV, watching the Doctor Who Christmas special.

6.  Favorite Christmas Song?
While I'm partial to making fun of the fantastically awful "Christmas Shoes," I have a feeling you mean favorite Christmas song that I actually like. In that case, "It Must Have Been Old Santa Clause" sung by Harry Connick Jr.

7. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
My family's usual tradition is that we each get to open one present on Christmas Eve. However, this year we're scrapping that because my sister works on Christmas from 6-2. So I will be ripping open my Christmas presents with my teeth tonight at 9. Joy to the world.

8. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Doc, Grumpy, and Papa Smurf.

9. What holiday (Christmas) tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
My mom's candy cane cookies are my favorite.

10. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
A lady never tells. (Real.)

11. Be Honest: do you like giving gifts or getting gifts better?
Getting, because I genuinely suck at gift giving. If I could be like one of those amazing shoppers who buys everyone the right gift that perfectly suits them, I'd probably like giving more. But, unfortunately, I will always be the gift-carder. So, getting. Also, wrapping paper is fun.

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Now it's time for Cliche Dreams with Emily: I've always wanted to see the Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting. It's just so big, ya know?

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I'm pretty handy with the square gifts, like books and DVDs. But give me a figurine of a happy frog jumping over a lily pad, and that s--- is going to look like a cat threw up a ball of wrapping paper.

14. Most memorable holiday (CHRISTMAS. SAY IT WITH ME: CHRIST. MAS. Seriously, it's a CHRISTMAS tag. No jewish people are going to get angry with you if you say Christmas in a Christmas tag.) moment?
Going with my best friend in our Snuggies to see Sherlock Holmes at midnight on Christmas Eve. (Christmas Day?)

15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
My parent's never performed the whole Santa ballet with me. They respected my intellect too much, even at such an early age. (Kids at my school made fun of me for writing a letter to Santa when I was eight.)

16. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them?
Nah. If I want to change something about myself, I don't need New Years as an excuse. I can start flossing any time of the year.

17. What makes the holidays (Christmas) special for you?
Atmosphere. It's all about the atmosphere. Oh, and family and friends are nice too, I guess.

The end. I cut out all the boring questions for you. (You're welcome.)
It really doesn't feel like it's Christmas Eve yet. I feel like I'm just getting into the swing of this seasonal  stuff, like there's still a week or two left to go. But I guess this is one of those things that's gonna go ahead without you, even if you're not prepared for it. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve. Or not if Christmas isn't your thing. You can take a peaceful walk, or enjoy a slice of pizza. (Appropriate way to be gracious towards everybody in the holiday season is appropriate.)

Tonight's ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas Feature: Home Alone
Christmas-tastic Thing of the Day: Puppy's First Christmas by Nanalew

No comments:

Post a Comment